Learn how to update content in Salesforce and all the features available. Ensure you have the Chrome Extension installed and you are logging in. You must have Account Admin, Team Admin, or Expert-level access to create content in Salesforce.
What happens if I update the Data Type of a Field in Salesforce?
Upon re-sync, we’ll reflect the updated Data Type in Spekit.
Note that if you change a field with Data Type = Picklist to another Data Type, any previously imported picklist values will not be removed when you update the Data Type.
What happens if I add a new Object, Field, or Picklist value in Salesforce?
Changes made in Salesforce are not automatically synced to Spekit. You must manually sync to Salesforce to pull that new information into Spekit.
Behavior upon re-sync:
- New Objects: New objects will appear in the Manage Objects section (accessible from Accounts).
- New Fields: New fields belonging to previously imported objects will appear as new terms in the Data Wiki.
- New Picklist Values:
- For picklist values you haven’t imported: We will show you the updated list of values available for import upon re-sync.
- For picklist values you HAVE imported – we aren’t pulling in any additions on re-sync right now. Upcoming fix: 1) You re-sync 2) We detect that you’ve added new picklist values to a previously imported set 3) We auto-import the new values”
What happens if I change an Object, Field, or Picklist Name/API Name in Salesforce?
Since we use the API Name as the unique identifier to import terms, renaming the API Name/Name will create a second term in Spekit with the new API Name/Name upon re-sync.
What happens if I change the Label of an existing Object, Field, or Picklist in Salesforce?
Upon re-sync, we will update the label of the associated term in Spekit to reflect your changes in Salesforce.
What happens if I delete an Object, Field, or Picklist value in our connected Salesforce org?
The associated Spekit terms remain unchanged in the Data Wiki even if you delete them in Salesforce.
How to re-sync to Salesforce and Import more Objects to Spekit
As an Account Admin, you can re-sync metadata from your Salesforce org and import more Objects into Spekit anytime.
When the sync process runs in the Spekit Web App, please do not navigate within the tab or open new tabs to other parts of the Spekit Web App because this can interrupt the sync.
To re-sync your account:
1.) Click Settings.
2.) Click Connect.
3.) Click Sync now.
To Import Objects: Once you've resynced your Spekit to Salesforce, you can Import more Objects:
1.) Click Settings.
2.) Click Connect.
3.) Click Manage Objects.
4.) Click on the objects you wish to import (for my example, I clicked on Contract, Lead, Opportunity, and Order)
5.)Click the blue Import selected objects button. When the sync process between Spekit and Salesforce starts, please do not navigate the app.spekit.co Web App.
Note: It might take a few minutes if you are importing a large number of objects.
6.) When the sync finishes, you will receive a message at the bottom of the screen: Object import complete!
Once the objects are imported, you’ll be redirected to the Dictionary page in View All.
7.) Click the Objects header to view the ones you opted to import.
8.) Click an Object name or Fields (##) to the right to see the Related Content.
- Once this is done you will be redirected to the Integrations page
A few things to Note: You might be asked to re-authenticate your org by logging into Salesforce Upon resync. Upon re-sync:
- New objects will appear in the "Manage Objects" section (accessible from Integrations).
- New fields belonging to previously imported objects will appear as new terms in Spekit.
- Make sure to turn on Spek mode to view these terms.
- We will automatically import new picklist values for already imported picklists.