SKIP AHEAD TO:
Learn how to navigate and use the Spekit Chrome Extension. Ensure you have the Spekit Chrome Extension installed before proceeding. Some sections may require you to have Account Admin, Team Admin, or Expert-level access.
Chrome Extension Top Navigation Bar
Open the Spekit Chrome Extension. You will see the following navigation items on the top:
- Search Spekit out-of-the-box content or the knowledge you’ve documented directly from the Side Bar in any window.
- In the Search bar, type in the term or process or keywords for the term you are looking for.
- You can choose to filter by Topics to search for a particular group of Speks.
- Select the most relevant result and click on it to open the details.
Notification Bell (Bell Icon)
- See who updated Speks and when it was updated, along with descriptions or details added by Admins or Experts. You will see all updates if the Spek has been updated more than once.
- Click the bell icon to view the list of all notifications, read and unread.
- Dismiss the red indicator by viewing the notification. Note: The notification will remain 'unread' in the notifications list until the user interacts with the notification.
- The Spekit Chrome Extension Home is the browser-related centralized Spekit information hub.
- On the Home page, you can see assigned Knowledge Checks and Topics related to the website you are on. If no Topics are related to that website, you will see all Topics you have access to.
- Wiki holds all content in Spekit.
- From the Wiki tab, you can look for specific Team Spaces and Topics.
- Click My Favorites to view all saved Speks.
Analytics | Available for Account Admins, Team Admins, & Experts
- The Analytics tab will bring you back to the Spekit Web App. Click on the ellipsis [...], and select Analytics.
- You can view analytics by User, Activation, Spek Views, and Searches from the Analytics tab. You can also export the data to CSVs.
- Settings will allow you to manage the Dock. You will be able to adjust how the Dock appears on your screen and the position. Click here to learn more about the Dock.
- Click on the ellipsis [...], and select Settings.
Create Button | Available for Account Admins, Team Admins, & Experts
- The Create button is a quick way to start building out content. Depending on your Spekit role, you can create Speks, Topics, Knowledge Checks, Spotlights, and/or Flows.Note: If the Spek is created from the Chrome Extension, the Spek will show up immediately.
Ask an Expert | Available for Viewers
- From the Spekit Chrome Extension, Users can ask a question to alert the content Expert when a Spek could use some clarification about the content they need.
- The Spekit expert email will default to the admin email that set up your Spekit account.
Note: To update this email, send a request to email@example.com.
Navigating a Spek in the Chrome Extension
Open a Spek on the Spekit Chrome Extension. You will have the following options available to you:
- The Expand feature will allow you to move the Spekit Chrome Extension wherever possible. You can view the Spekit Chrome Extension side by side:
- Follow a Topic sequence.
- Remove it from covering fields and buttons.
- Use side-by-side with any process.
- Clicking the Expand button will move the Chrome Extension off of your browser and alongside any window, allowing you to browse the full screen.
- Users can navigate from Spek to Spek in the Chrome Extension, allowing for easier functionality in reading content and in making sequences even more accessible.
- In the Spekit Chrome Extension, you will see arrows at the top when you click on each term as shown below.
- The navigation arrows will allow you to easily navigate through to the next or previous Spek as shown below.
- Starring a Spek saves the Spek to the starred items, making them available whenever you open the Chrome Extension.
- Users have the ability to share Speks with other Spekit users, simply by clicking ‘Share’ and copying the link.
- Admins have the ability to share Speks internally or externally.
- Copy the content of a Spek, including images and videos, to save time rewriting the exact details.
- Click Copy as shown below and paste it to the desired location by right-clicking or using the shortcut ctrl+v.
- Click the Clone button inside any Spek to duplicate the content and customize it to your needs.
- The edit button will launch the editing window for that Spek.
- Take a second to leave feedback with the click of an emoji. Reactions allow anyone on your Team to give a simple sentiment response so content creators can quickly improve (or celebrate!) training.
Zoom in on an Image
- You can click on any image to zoom in or expand any videos to full screen.
- To search a keyword in Spekit from any window, highlight the keywords and type the letter “S” on your keyboard or right-click.
- You can highlight a keyword and right-click or type S to quickly search Spekit and look for a Spek. Spekit will show you the closest related results if the keyword has not yet been documented.