SKIP AHEAD TO:
Learn how to use the Multi-Org Feature and how it impacts your Spekit. Make sure you have the Chrome Extension installed and are logging in to Spekit to begin.
What is the Multi-Org Feature Terminology?
- URL: The address of a web page.
- Domain: In the context of networking, it refers to any group of users, workstations, devices, printers, computers, and database servers that share different types of data via network resources.
- Subdomain: A domain that is part of a larger domain.
- Salesforce Org: Short for Salesforce Organization or the site URL where the company uses Salesforce.
How does the Multi-Org Feature impact Spekit icons?
- Objects, fields, and picklist icons will be shown by default only on synced org.
- To show objects, fields, and picklist icons on non-synced org, we need to link the domain URL to a Topic and add relevant Speks.
- Custom Speks icons will not show until you add the domain URL to the Topic.
How does the Multi-Org Feature impact the Spekit sidebar?
1.) Related Speks will be shown in the Spekit Chrome Extension sidebar when you are on a Salesforce object page (e.g. Account, Opportunity) for a synced Salesforce org.
2.) Related topics will be shown in the Spekit Chrome Extension sidebar when you are on the Salesforce object page (e.g. Account, Opportunity) for a non-synced Salesforce org.
3.) Related topics will be shown in the Spekit Chrome Extension sidebar when you are on non-object pages inside a Salesforce org.
4.) Related topics will be shown in the Spekit Chrome Extension sidebar when you are on non-Salesforce domains.
How to edit a Topic to work with 2 different Salesforce Organizations
From the Spekit Web App - in a Topic edit view:
1.) Enter the URL in the Domain URL contains field i.e., https://lightningspekit-dev-ed.lightning.force.com/lightning/o/Opportunity/list?filterName=Recent
2.) Apply check on Include path and domain.
- The path is parsed to the Path text field, i.e.,/lightning/o/Opportunity/list
- Add a path button will also appear, and a user can add multiple paths with the preceding forward slash.
- Unchecking the Include path and domain will remove the path field(s), and the values inside the path field(s) will be lost.
3.) If an Org user wants to show Speks for non-sync orgs wherever a URL that contains Opportunity keyword i.e., https://lightningspekit-dev-ed.lightning.force.com
- Org user will simply enter the domain/subdomain in the Domain URL contains field and add /Opportunity keyword.
The contain logic will let the non-sync org users view the Speks wherever an opportunity keyword exists in the URL path i.e.
Validation Rules on Path field
1.) Empty string/blank field is not allowed.
2.) Only Preceding Forward Slash “/” is not allowed.
3.) String without Preceding Forward Slash “/” is not allowed.