SKIP AHEAD TO:
What is the Dock?
The Dock is a clickable tab that sticks out on the side of the page (if enabled for that domain) which is part of the Spekit Chrome Extension sidebar. The Dock can be dragged, minimized, expanded, or hidden. The Dock also contains an indicator and link to Notifications for easy access.
How to enable the Dock
By default, your Spekit sidebar settings will have the Show help text icons and Show sidebar dock turned on for the Spekit Web App and any Salesforce domains.
You can manually update this on a user-by-user basis for any other domain URL with these steps:
1.) Open the sidebar (Chrome Extension).
2.) Select Settings.
3.) Toggle on the option to Show help text icons.
- This must be enabled for pages you would like to have speks display using text match.
4.) Toggle on the option to Show sidebar dock.
- This should be enabled for pages you would like the purple tab displayed on the right-hand side, for easy Spekit access.
Note: To mass enable these toggles for your entire company, email email@example.com with a list of the domain URLs you would like them enabled for.
How does the Dock work?
Subtle yet accessible, the Spekit Dock ensures content gets seen and used by surfacing a one-click gateway to the knowledge of your entire organization – wherever your team is working. It is a visual cue that Spekit users can use to access the sidebar on all sites where Spekit is enabled.
How it Works
- Think of the Dock as the tip of the iceberg for Spekit, specifically the Spekit Chrome sidebar.
- It’s about increased visibility, prominence, and recognition - in hopes to drive a habit loop.
- The Dock also contains an indicator and link to Notifications for easy access.
- The Dock is available to All users of the Spekit Chrome Extension.
- Draggable positioning.
- Can be minimized removed or expanded globally by the end-user.
- Can be adjusted on a per-company level on the Spekit backend.
- Remind end-users the sidebar exists in key apps.
- Make it easier for Spekit users to access Spekit, particularly for new end-users who haven’t built a habit loop of clicking on the Chrome Extension icon in the browser bar.
- The Spekit Dock ensures content gets seen and used by surfacing a one-click gateway to knowledge of your entire organization – wherever your team is working. It is a visual cue that Spekit users can use to access the sidebar on all sites where Spekit is enabled.