Salesforce User Profile Requirements:
- Modify Metadata Through Metadata API Functions
- API enabled permission
- No IP restrictions
- Spekit recommends that you create a dedicated SFDC user (named Spekit Integration) for the integration
- Add and use a dedicated Chrome profile for the integration user (how-to add a Chrome profile)
- When creating the Salesforce integration user, please do not add the user to an SSO IDP until the connection to Spekit has been completed
- Can the SFDC integration user be changed?
- Yes, please contact Spekit Support (email@example.com). The typical turnaround time is 5 business days.
- Can I use an existing SFDC user for the integration?
- Yes, you can use any SFDC user that has the proper permissions. Please keep in mind that if the user is disabled you must contact Spekit Support to change the user.
- Will the integration user have full access to my SFDC instance?
- No, we only require access to read metadata.
**If you have the Salesforce System Administrator profile, the permissions are already enabled**
The Modify Metadata Through Metadata API Functions permission must be enabled at the Profile level for the Salesforce integration user
To check for the Modify Metadata permission follow these steps in your Salesforce org:
Click the gear icon (upper right corner)
- From the drop-down
- Under the Administration header (on the left side navigation)
Click the > to expand the section called Users
Locate and click on the Profile that is associated with the Salesforce integration user
(If you already know the Salesforce Profile for the Salesforce integration user, click on Profiles)
- From the Profile view
Click System Permissions
- From System Permissions
Scroll down to the Modify Metadata Through Metadata API Functions
Add a check to the empty checkbox ☑
- When the time comes on a call with the CSM and Support Engineer, the point person in the company for Salesforce will need to be able to log in as the Salesforce Integration user they've created in order to connect as the Integration user to Spekit
- The Spekit signup also needs to be done as the Integration User